Friday 30 October 2015

Midnight Ride...........

The Eve of Hallowe'en - or All Hallows' Eve  - or Samhein.....
How fast this year has gone!
Aren't the Autumn colours just so lovely - the reds, golds, russets glowing where the sunlight shines through the leaves on the trees........
I do love Autumn......

And it's Hallowe'en tomorrow!

I have been so far behind this year, I still don't know what to start on - or finish! - next! I'm pleased to say the shawl I started to crochet recently is nearly finished now and I'm pleased with the way it has turned out.
I have managed to finish - stitching, not making up, as you can see! - Midnight Ride, by Blackbird Designs. I do love the witchy crow, with her tall hat, riding through the night sky on her trusty broom....
I shall finish it into a little cushion, I think, with some black, starry fabric and some of the trims pictured.......
I just need more time! (Don't we all ?!!)

This morning, I made a pumpkin pie.....

My daughter loves them.....

My husband, not so.

He says that the 'colourof the purred pumpkin puts him off......

I'm not too surprised. It has taken me many years to get him to eat any vegetables apart from peas and potatoes.....(yes, really!)

So I'm not at all surprised - just resigned........!!

We're busy at the moment, planning home improvements - it's either that, or a move, and we're comfortable here - it's just all the dust......

Still, it won't be until well into the New Year.....

What are you all doing for Hallowe'en?

We will just be staying in, and leaving the spook tabular stuff to the children......

Perhaps we will get some Trick or Treaters......
I hope so - they have some brilliant costumes these days!

Hope you all have a happy and safe Samhein!

Back soon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment