Wednesday 7 October 2015

A Little Stitching For My Grandmother......

I started this little sampler some years ago. Yes, I know - the time has just flown by, and it was put to one side and forgotten about.
It's not very big, and I found a design I liked by Brenda Keyes in one of her books, and stitched on a 32 count linen with DMC threads, it fitted the frame perfectly.
My Gran loved to knit and sew, and living in a time when there wasn't much of anything to be found, she knew how to make ends meet, so her talents with needles were always useful.
This little frame was in her bedroom, and I just managed to save it from the skip (my sister is a de-clutter freak) along with a few more cherished possessions.
So, quite a few years later, here is a little band sampler - I think Gran would like it.

This week is just flying past again!
Last weekend, we had a big tidy-up in the loft, and had quite a few bags to take to the charity shop on Monday!
I really didn't mean to buy anything, but.........
Just couldn't resist this..........
It's a pretty little bone china tea cup and saucer with all the flowers of Canada on it.
Isn't it just lovely?

And then I saw this......

A beautiful little pressed glass scent bottle that just had to come home with me.......

My poor husband wasn't too impressed!!

Then yesterday, we changed our car. I always feel so sad to see the old one go - after all, it had become a friend, and even had a name, Hyacinth.......

Yes, I know I'm rather strange.....

At the garage, husband was thrilled with his new  car, and the salesman gave me these......

Lovely flowers, and so kind of the garage.

So, as if that wasn't enough for a whole week, and it's only Wedneday - look what came in the post today!

The Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Magazine arrived late last week - always looked forward to with anticipation!
But - I couldn't find a Halloween Ornaments Magazine in this country at all this year.......
So - this lovely magazine arrived from the U.S.A. Sent by a dear friend!
Hard to believe that just three days ago it was in California.......
Thank you so much for thinking of me!

What a busy week it has been with no time for any stitching of any kind!
It has turned chilly and misty outside now, the lovely sunshine of last week now a memory....

But, a bowl of homemade soup and crusty bread followed by crumpets by the fire.....

Oh yes, I do love the Autumn......

Have a lovely week......

Back soon.......

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty little sampler and so special for being in your Gran's frame. Sounds like a busy week, beautiful flowers and very pretty cup and saucer xx

    ReplyDelete