Monday 12 October 2015

A New Week.......

To be honest, I'm really glad that it's Monday! I love the weekends, but the last one was one I'd rather not dwell on.....
I've spent the entire weekend in agony with really painfully muscle spasms on the left side of my back. The pain has been awful, and it came along with nausea too......... Not nice!!
My dear husband ordered me to rest today - feels awful, doing nothing - but it does seem to have helped......
The spasms seem to be lessening.......
I did start a bit of crochet earlier - just the beginnings of a shawl in some green pure wool worsted I was given. I'm finding this particular hook is making my hand hurt a lot, so a new one needs to be bought, I think......

The picture above is of our beautiful cat, Freddie. He is lying in 'his' chair - an old one we keep just for him. We have had him nearly nine years now, which makes him, we think, about fourteen - a good age for such a big cat.
He is an old boy now, and spends a lot of time asleep, and I am so sad because I don't think we will have him for much longer.........
He was a rescue cat - his previous 'owners' cast him out when they moved house, and he was left to fend for himself.......
How people can treat animals - any animal - like that - and much worse - I shall never know - or want to.

Hope all of you out there had a lovely weekend.........

Back soon.........

6 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is your Freddie, Lynda x....Take things easy and enjoy your crochet...love the shade you have chosen...I find the Clover Amour hooks are really comfortable :-)
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan - thank you for your lovely comments! I did treat myself to a Clover Amour hook yesterday - and the difference it makes is amazing! I will certainly but these from now on!
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  2. I hope that you are feeling better now. Your Freddie is gorgeous. I just love that little face! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Simone - thank you for your lovely comments! Freddie is such a loving cat, and quite a little character too ! We love him to pieces!
    Have a wonderful week.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this finds you feeling much better, back pain can be so debilitating. Freddie is beautiful and looks very happy there. Green is my favourite colour and I love the shade you're using on your shawl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cheryl - how lovely to hear from you, and thank you for your kind comments. Hoping all is well with you, too.
      Warm wishes,
      Lynda.

      Delete