Friday 2 October 2015

Of Mists, Mellow Bits And......A Hidden Dragon......"

Can it really be October already? Where has this year gone?
It has been a busy few weeks, here in our little bit of Worcestershire. My husband seems to disappear in to the garden most days, and is sweeping up the fallen leaves as I write.
I do love Autumn. Every season has it's blessings - but Autumn is my love. All the colours, sounds and scents - everything just seems different now.
The garden is winding down, ready for it's well-earned rest and the last of the apples and pears are being picked.......
These are Russet apples, picked about an hour ago. It has been a good year for fruit.
Our daughter and her new husband are making cider with the crop from their trees!
I'm afraid I'm boring, and will stick to pies, crumbles and chutneys!!
There hasn't been too much time for stitching of any kind, and I miss it. I did make a patchwork cushion though, for the cat! Poor Freddie is an old lad now - he's fourteen, which is a good age for a cat - and he needs a little comfort. He seems to like it, though he has spent hours basking in the lovely sunshine we have had recently.

A surprise gift from an old friend......for no reason at all! This huge bag of yarn! It's a double knitting yarn from Stylecraft - I have never used this before - in such wonderful colours!! It is to make a blanket designed by Attic24 - and the hook is itching to start.........
What a wonderful gift - thank you, my dear friend.it is time to bring him in - our little dragon who keeps an eye over the garden....I think he is frost proof but I should hate to loose him to the cold weather to come, so better safe than sorry....

I've made a Shepherd's Pue for dinner tonight, and there will be leftovers for tomorrow - perhaps I will find some time to pick up some (any) stitching then!

I did make a Victoria sponge cake this morning. Filled with home-made apricot jam.
This is what it looks like now - and, in case you're wondering - I didn't have any!!


The flowers are lovely Autumn crocus, and here is my patchwork cushion, just made from scraps.

So, that is all for now. 
Hoping that you are all enjoying this lovely Indian Summer - even if it is Autumn!!

Have a beautiful weekend

Back soon...........

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure your cushion was very appreciated, our pets love nothing better than to sink into a warm, soft cushion especially as it's getter colder. Your cake sounds like something a bit special, apricot jam is my favourite. Hope you find some time for yourself to get some stitching done, have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind you are, Cheryl. I do hope your daughter is much better today.
      All best wishes,
      Lynda.

      Delete
  2. A lovely post with wool and cake. What could be better?!!! I think your dragon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete